Baccalaureate

The second graduation event was Baccalaureate held at the Knotts Berry Farm Resort & Hotel. We invited Don & Connie to be our guests. We were served fried chicken and mash potatoes, apparently a Knotts Berry Farm's specialty and possibly one of my least favorite meals ever. Oh well! After the dinner one of the Talbot professors gave an address to the students. Then it was time for the hooding. I appreciated that spouses were invited to walk with their students in this ceremony. While I was hooded by one of my professors, Brandon was given a certificate of appreciation by the Talbot Wives Club (yes, you can giggle at that.) Talbot Wives hasn't caught up with the times, as there are now quite a lot of women in seminary and their husbands are supporting them. (Where's their club?)

Left: B & me at dinner
Right: Connie, Don, me, & B
Lower L: Dr. Betsy Barber & me
Lower R: Brandon & me
Last L: Lauren & us
Last R: Me & Shelley













While I was being hooded this note of
appreciation that I wrote was read:

I would like to thank my husband Brandon for truly being my partner in this program. I love that you learned and grew along side of me. I am blessed by your love and support. Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made to make this possible.

And to Betsy & Judy (professors in my program) and all my dear friends at ISF, thanks for journeying with me. You have loved and challenged me, and I am the better for it.


They also published my Post Graduation Plan in the program:


I am delighted to have the opportunity to stay around ISF and continue to give spiritual direction this coming year. Beyond that we are waiting to seeing what the Lord has for us.

No comments: