"Ghost Town" is a movie you should all see.

Seriously. I just got back. It's the most hilarious heartwarming film I've seen in a long time. Imagine "The 6th Sense" only funny and pleasant and really not like "The 6th Sense" at all. Which is to say, [1] It was very well written, [2] The performances were delightfully stellar, [3] It got an 84% on rottentomatoes.com--I'm not the only one who thinks it keen, [4] I laughed throughout this movie more than any other I've seen this year (perhaps even, the last decade, but I go to far), [5] It's really quite classy, as far as comedy's go these days (Mr. Apatow, I'm looking at you.) [6] It's humor depends almost entirely on witty banter, less silly than Monty Python, less precocious than Juno, just wonderfully dry cantankerous fun, and just when you think that's all it is, [7] It will make you cry, then laugh again, then, holding the cheese thank you very much, you'll cry once more. I don't cry at many movies, but rarely are movies this smart. My highest praise, my highest recommendation. Seriously. Why haven't you bought tickets yet?

Now, my word of warning: I feel slightly bad to have gotten your hopes all up for some cathartic experience you may or may not have. So think of it this way, I guarantee you'll be able to watch this film and say, "Ah, yes, I can see exactly why Brandon likes this film so very much."

No comments: